Friday, August 1, 2014

My 5 Disney Essentials!

Disney Essentials




It's Finally Friday! 
I am officially in the 24 hour countdown until Disney! 
To finish off my week of Disney themed posts I thought I'd share 5 of my Disney essentials!
When spending the day at the happiest place on Earth preparation is key. 
And we all know how stressful planning and packing for any vacation can be so I'm sharing with you my 5 essentials in the hopes of making the process a little bit easier! 

1. Comfortable walking shoes. 
A no brainer but us girls tend to choose cuteness over comfort when deciding shoes. Having a cute outfit sometimes takes priority with how comfortable you will be . I know, I know, I've been there. But a day in Disney is not the time to wear those adorable sandals or new pair of cute sneakers because I guarantee your feet will rebel against you afterwards. My tip is to go with a trustworthy pair of comfortable shoes you know you will not have a problem with and plan your outfit around them. That way you can still wear a cute outfit and not have to worry about your only pair of comfy shoes not matching the new outfit you may have just bought. 

2. Comfortable clothes. 
Pretty much the same concept here. Are you seeing a trend? Your outfit surprisingly plays a huge role in how your day at Disney will go in. My ideal Disney outfit is a good ol' romper. They are light, super flowy and comfortable, and look cute and put together. I'd say it is a win win all around. I've found that jean shorts start to rub me the wrong way towards the end of the day and if you've ever experienced what I'm talking about before you know how much of a day ruiner that can be. #chubrub And dresses are light and breezy... but they can be a little too risky. We are in a family friendly environment remember. In my opinion rompers are the best of both worlds! 

3. Heat proof makeup
Don't ever underestimate the power of Florida's summer heat. It is no joke. To ensure you do not sweat off your entire face before you can even ride It's a Small World, I suggest a matte powder, waterproof mascara, and a long-wearing cream eye shadow.  I use the Maybelline Dream Wonder powder daily because I know it keeps me matte for a long period of time with just a few touch ups in every now and then.  The waterproof formula of Maybelline's The Rocket mascara is my favorite and it never leaves me with the dreaded raccoon eyes. And Maybelline's Color Tattoo cream shadows stay on all day long without creasing. Score! 

4. Sun protection
Though you will not be in direct sun all day, you will still want to have some kind of sunscreen on your face and body, especially if you are going multiple days. I suggest a spray formula so you can avoid the uncomfortable slimey, lotion feeling all day and this one from Hawaiian Topic is so light I tend to forget I even have sunscreen on! I also suggest sunglasses so you don't have to be squinting all day but make sure they are not the best pair you own. I've known one too many expensive sunglasses being lost on Thunder and Splash Mountain so grab a cute $5 pair at F21 and you are good to go!

And last but not least...
5. Disney Ears
A classic that will never go out of style. Showing your #Disneyside is one of my favorite things about being in Disney World. There is never such a thing as too much Disney, am I right? These cute Minnie Ears are form ASOS and are included in my Disney Wishlist post that you can read here

And there you have it! Most of these are probably no brainers, but trust me forget one of them and you will realize just how important they are.

What are some of your Disney essentials?
Have a great weekend!


Linkin' up!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are having so much fun. I'm officially jealous. Next time I go I'll be coming back to this post! :)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete